The Spring Fiesta was a blast and if you haven't seen the pics on Facebook, make sure you check them out. OPAPO and the students traveling to Spain put
Thank You Young Runners and Kim Briggs: To all of the participants young and old good show, I uploaded all of the participant pictures to Facebook as well. Thank you to the Young Runners, OPA Families and Staff that helped facilitate and run a great fundraiser for our OPA Runners! Several of our young athletes will be running a races as part of the Ogden Marathon in a couple weeks.
Kindergarten Round-up: Wednesday, May 3, 2017; 5-6pm in the Elementary Gym. All Kindergarten parents are invited to attend the round-up. There are some changes to Kindergarten placement and assessment due to the last Utah Legislative Session. This will change OPA's system of placement and because the assessment is required it will be given in the fall. Come to the round-up and get all the needed information for successful entry into Kindergarten.
LIA Recognition Dinner is Wednesday, May 3, 2017 in the Secondary Gym at 5:30-8:00 pm.
OPA's First Annual Elementary Art Show: Thursday, May 4, 2017; 6-7:30. Come enjoy an art showcase for the elementary students!
Early Release and Uniform Free Dress is Friday (May 5th).
YMCA Summer Program: We have gotten lots of inquiries on the YMCA summer program here at OPA. summer program will follow the traditional YMCA summer camp model with an added reading component in it. What the camp will include is:
- Themed weeks to keep the children engaged and excited all summer long.
- One field trip a week.
- One day of swimming a week.
- Reading interventions for each child at the program.
- 30 minutes of reading each day.
- At least 30 minutes of physical activity each day.
- Camp activities that match the week's theme.
- A safe place to send their kiddos to all summer long!
Summer Camp Need to Knows:
- At OPA this year!
- Open Monday-Friday, 8:30 am -4:30 pm
- If needed there will be additional hours in the morning and evening for an extra charge. (6:30 am- 8:30 am and 4:30pm - 6:30 pm)
- Financial Aid IS available
- Can enroll for specific weeks
- How to sign up!
- Visit the link: http://ymcautah.org/summerdaycamp/webercounty/opa
- Come to OPA's Spring Fiesta and find the YMCA booth! We will have staff on site to register your child and price out individualized financial aid.
- Visit Miss Slattery's room (119) any day after school.
- Visit the YMCA office:
893 24th Street, Ogden, UT
575 Lockwood Drive, Ogden, UT
You are encouraged to come say hi and ask Ms. Slattery any questions you may have!
Please let me know if you need any other information on the program and feel free to forward this e-mail on to your parents!
Thanks so much!