Thank you to all of you that attended the Seed Swap. Thank you to Anna Cash for organizing the connection for OPA to the Gardeners of Ogden!
OPPORTUNITY FOR STUDENTS:
I have been the Principal of OPA for four years now and learned more about kids who work hard, than in all of my twenty-one year career. Several of our students at the secondary level have been studying Spanish for up to 10 years. At the culmination of their time here at OPA, we encourage a trip to Spanish-speaking countries. As you know we pick trip locations well in advance and try to provide up to a year’s worth of fund raising opportunities for all students that commit to these trips. We are excited about the growth of these programs. The number of students participating has steadily increased and has given over 200+ students the opportunity to travel internationally and use their Spanish language skills.
I share these fantastic facts with you to ask for special support. Students fund raise and get summer jobs, but any outside support that a family or business can provide increases the opportunities for all students. Please consider sponsoring a student to go to Spain. As a school we can provide documentation for charitable donations for tax deduction, and you will be providing the experience of a lifetime. I can always be reached at email@example.com or 801-627-3066 if you are able to support one of our students in this opportunity.
1. Science Fairs: 6th grade fair is Monday, February 27, and 7-9th grade is Tuesday, February 28th. Please ask your students about the surrounding festivities to encourage them to improve their responsible communication. :-)
2. Storytelling: Weber State Storytellers will be at OPA on Wednesday at 1:30 in the elementary with certain classes.
3. YMCA Family Night: All families currently utilizing the YMCA programs or interested are invited to join us in a Family Night on Thursday, March 2nd from 5:30-6:30.
4. OPA Trips Spaghetti Feed: Spaghetti for the family to send OPA students on trips. Feeding begins at 6pm and runs until 8pm. Come join the fun while providing an experience for students.
5. Soccer: tryouts 6-9th grade boys and girls on Monday, March 6 at 3:30. Check for announcements and flyers around the school.
6. Congratulations: to the girls basketball team on a great regular season. They will represent Ogden Prep in the state tournament next week.