Upcoming Events at OPA:
1. The Science Fair is coming: The 6th grade fair will be Feb. 27th and 7th-9th will be Feb. 28th.
2. SKI DAY: This year's 5th & 6th grade ski day will be on Wed, Feb 15. We'll take the kids to Nordic Valley at 8:15 and return between 4-4:30. Kids (and teachers) will be able to ski or snowboard on that day. We sent home a permission slip & rental forms this week. All of the details will be on that sheet.
3. Parent-Teacher Conferences: PTC will be combined this semester and begin on Feb. 16th at 1:15pm after the students are released early. PTC will continue on Friday from 8:00am -12:00pm. President's Day is on the following Monday, the 20th and there will be NO School!
4. OWATC High School Pathway Presentations: On the first night of Parent Teacher Conferences the OWATC will be providing a presentation to parents about high school opportunities in Weber County. We will keep you posted as the times and content unfold. Watch for a flyer to come home next week!
We are doing a Penny War in both schools for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society (LLS.org). You should have gotten an email last week from them to set up an online page for donations.
What: Collecting pennies (or any other denomination for LLS.org)
Goal: Between both schools to collect $3000 (it breaks down to $68 a class)
When: Starts January 23rd and ends February 10th
Where: Collection bins will be in the front lobby of each school. They are labeled by HOMEROOM teacher
In the first week we have already raised $866.64. Well Done!!
Service Projects and Fund Raisers:
- Thank you for promoting the Blanket Blizzard. As a first time service project, it was fairly successful.
- Daily Rise Coffee Roasters have provided our Young Runners Club with a way to raise money. This week we will have the "OPA Blend" delivered to campus and for sale. Beth and Jeff Furton are blending, packaging, labeling and selling a coffee blend we selected on campus and at their 2 locations. Tell your friends!! Their is potential to pay for the Young Runners' entrance into the Ogden Marathon Events!
OPEN ENROLLMENT FOR NEW STUDENTS: Now that RE-ENROLLMENT is complete, it is time to open our doors to new students, especially new Kindergarten students. If you have not already applied to OPA for your incoming Kindergarteners or other students not currently enrolled, now is the time. Application Process: 1. Please go to http://ogdenprep.org/ 2. Click on the sign that reads "ENROLL NOW." 3. Select "APPLY NOW." 4. Provide all of the information required and your student will be placed in the Lottery. Our first Lottery Draw will be February 21st. This is a random selection from the lottery, if your student is picked you will receive a email that asks for confirmation that your student will be attending OPA in the 2017-18 school year. Parents have 10 days to confirm the seat at OPA. If not confirmed in 10 days the seat goes back into the lottery for another draw. Remember that priority in the lottery selection is given to siblings of current OPA students, as well as staff member or board member students. Priority does not mean automatic enrollment, it means they will be pulled first, however, if seats are not available they are not created. After OPA is enrolled to capacity, students remaining in the lottery will be placed on a waiting list until the following school year. Apply soon to increase your chances of enrollment!