SCHOOL STARTS on MONDAY, AUGUST 15th
School Opens and Breakfast Begins at 7:30 am
Classes begin at 8:05 am
School Release is at 3:00 pm
School Closes at 4:00 pm
Drop-off / Pick-up / Parking Lot Procedures:
1. Pull all the way forward in the drop-off lane to let kids out.
2. KISS AND GO: Don't Park in the Drop-off Lane
Stay in your car.
Don't turn your car off.
If you want to walk your student's in, park in the lot, use the crosswalks.
3. ALWAYS use the CROSSWALKS: It is not safe, nor saving you a lot of time to dart across traffic. For the safety of all children and families, use the crosswalks.
4. If your student is late, park the car in the lot and walk them in to sign them into class.
Arrange ahead of time a location for student pick-up. Teachers will only check out students to older siblings and parents identified in the first 2 weeks of school. If you would like to meet your student/s off campus to avoid the parking lot, that is smart. Send a note to your teacher with any plans or changes to procedure you would like your student to follow. If you have an emergency change of plan, call the school so the teacher can be informed of changes that need to be made.
1. The Bishop's Storehouse is private property and we can't park there waiting for our students.
2. The Bishop's Storehouse parking lot is not a shortcut off of 15th. It is private property with elderly, and disabled clients often present in the lot, do not dart through the parking lot or arrange to meet your students inside that lot.
3. U-turns on Lincoln Ave. in the OPA School Zone are illegal and dangerous. Please obey the traffic laws for our kids and families safety.
4. Follow the directions and commands of OPA Staff guiding traffic in the parking lot.
5. Follow the direction of the Traffic Guards on Lincoln Ave.
6. ALWAYS use the CROSSWALKS: It is not safe, nor saving you a lot of time to dart across traffic. For the safety of all children and families, use the crosswalks.
Remember that uniforms are required at OPA.
1. Shirts: Navy, Light Blue, White collared polo type shirt (these are new this year and on sale in both buildings, $10.00).
2. Bottoms: Tan, Navy pants, longer shorts, skirts, skorts or jumpers. (NO Jeans, Jeggings, Sweats, etc.)
3. All Shirts Tucked
4. No Hooded Sweatshirts
Student Led Back to School Night:
August 18th: Come Eat and Meet your student's teacher. Food Trucks are coming to OPA and will start serving food at 4:30-7:30. Teachers and Staff will be available to meet from 5-7. Students should be guiding you through the building and introducing you to their day and classroom at OPA.
Enjoy your weekend!
See you soon,